RCAN Bulk Oil Scheme
Five years ago, RCAN set up a social enterprise to help people reduce the cost of their domestic heating oil.
Since then we have ordered 1,808,990 litres of oil and saved an outstanding amount of £97,545.85 between
our members, which means they saved an average of 5ppl per order.
All you need to do to take advantage of this scheme is to join the online system, or if you do not have access
to the internet, then RCAN can order online on your behalf.
The scheme works by bringing communities throughout Nottinghamshire together to make the most of joint
buying power. We can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs may be
higher simply because you use oil-fired central heating.
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as
a horrifying eight miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker comes to several customers
in a village on the same day, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is traffic.
Five Easy Steps to Cheaper Heating Oil
1) 1) Join the free RCAN Scheme. Request membership details from RCAN,
Tel: 01623 727600 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. 2) Register online - You have to register online on the Olive scheme or give permission to RCAN to register
on your behalf.
3. 3) Place an order online when your tank is getting low. The oil is ordered once a month (you will be told the
deadline date). Your order increases our negotiating power, so once submitted we regard it as binding.
4) We negotiate the best price quoted from a range of suppliers at the time of ordering. Olive or RCAN will
advise you who the supplier is, the price per litre (exclusive of VAT, currently at 5%) and the approximate
date of delivery.
5. 5) After the deadline, your payment will be taken from your account and then the oil will be delivered as
soon as possible.
For more information contact Melanie Saxton on 01623 727600 or Email email@example.com